Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Disneyland

I was just leaving a comment on another blog and it brought back memories of my job in the early 90s as a Tour Guide / Bus Driver. I worked as a Tour Guide for 2 Companies In the Disneyland area and was the one usually assigned the "Special needs" runs Ironically because little did I know that I would one day be a special needs person. It all started during my orientation with Gray Line Anaheim when the Manager who was training me was required to stand in for a special needs run to Knotts Berry Farm about 20 minutes away and even though we were driving a 40 foot bus with 1 wheelchair and 4 family members Tommy the one in the wheel chair was in his early 20s and had numerous problems and a mental age of about 6 and we hit it off right away. He was afraid of the lift because he was not used to the height so i rode with him up the lift. and told him and his family about the history of Knotts while the manager Daniel drove the bus and BINGO he had a new Special Needs Qualified driver!! These were some of the most rewarding runs that I had as a Tour Guide and Bus Driver.
Happy Feet
Stumpy

No comments:

Post a Comment