Monday, February 28, 2011

Working with wood

Well my daughter has gone home and things have gone back to normal. It was really nice to have her around the house, unfortunately she wasn't here long enough to really see anybody or go anywhere. Liedra and I got the wood working equipment set up in the mud room and part of the dining room. I have made one pen and ruined one so far so I am 1 for1. LOL

I like working with wood it calms me down and reminds of the wonders in life. Today I ruined a piece of wood that I had really wanted to use, and when i looked around for another pen blank I found this piece that had been in my supply for along time and had been overlooked many times. The wood was raggedly cut and the color of dirt but I figured what the heck? When I started to cut into the wood I noticed a really nice grain and color not unlike purple heart. I had so focused on what I thought I was looking for that I almost missed what God was trying to show me. Working with wood is like that sometimes you have to try to read what the wood wants to be and you are never sure if it is the right thing, but when you and the wood are in tune it is like magic. I always feel better after completing a project. I will have pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment